Tuesday, April 24, 2007


I was called home...

Among our adventures in Washington, DC last week, we spent a good chunk of time in a store I had never had the pleasure to visit. Dean and Deluca.

We walked in and immediately, Sister said, "The mothership has called Jenn home."

I walked down the first aisle and realized I would need a basket. But really, there were really only two aisles, one on either side of the store. The center of the store was taken up by a huge deli area, where there were abundant cheeses, meats, paté's, etc. We strolled around a bit before deciding we must stock up for a mid-afternoon snack in the Holiday Inn. (Yep, we were staying at a Holiday Inn, but at least we were on the 12th floor and faced the Potomac River and Georgetown.)

A few cheeses found there way into my basket. There was a lovely soft goats milk cheese, as well as a paté of turkey and pork tenderloin with truffle. (We later discovered that none of us could actually detect the scent or flavor of truffles, but maybe it was the plastic knifes or the lack of plates.)

Some crackers found their way into the basket and then I saw the wall of herbs and spices.



I added a few more goodies, chocolate specifically, and had a sample of their cocount tea. There were an endless amount of sauces, and spreads that would have jumped into my basket if I would have brought another suitcase. I kept telling myself that the internet is a wonderful thing, and I'm sure the mothership has a site.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Pretty nifty site you have here, the layout is so nice and clean - it looks like it was put together by someone with some design experience :) I think your next entry should talk about SeaSalt and have some pictures of what we order!