Wednesday, February 13, 2008


Moroccan Chicken Thighs
Yum.

So for dinner the other night I chose an easy new recipe from Cooking Light. Husband had a hockey game, so I started it while he was gone and let it simmer for an hour. I don't usually cook with chicken thighs because of the whole bone-thing. But these were boneless, skinless chicken thighs, and really easy to work with.

This dish is inspired by North African Tagines. I don't have a Tagine, (a north-african cooking vessel) but my sister does and we used it last time I was in Colorado. I liked this recipe, because I was able to do the whole thing on the stove. It would be great in the summer to keep the oven off.

I think the distinct flavors of cinnamon, cumin and coriander really came through. I used organic dried apricots which had a much softer consistency than other non-organic ones I've used. I made both couscous and white rice to serve with it because someone under this roof does not like couscous. You'll also see I served some Naan. I picked this up at SuperTarget (not where I normally shop, just had to mention that) a few weeks ago and just kept it frozen. It was the hit of the meal. Huh.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What's not to like about couscous? They're just mini pasta balls!

Jenn said...

I think it's because they're hard to get on the fork. Maybe?