Sunday, July 15, 2007

A light, impromptu lunch.

K took me out yesterday so I could learn how to ride my new scooter, and along the way we stopped at the lovely Birchwood Cafe for a glass of lemonade. Once inside, the idea grew into maybe something sweet. There were slices of cake, scones, berry cobblers and one totally to die for bread pudding. Then K saw the soup list and tried a sample of the chilled Thai Tomato Ginger soup. We quickly ordered two cups of the soup and a piece of the Whiskey Chocolate Cherry Bread Pupping with Caramel Sauce and Whipped Cream.

Hello, lunch?? I think so.

We ended up drinking water. So much for the lemonade.

1 comment:

lil red said...

K here,
I've talked about nothing but the Whiskey Chocolate Cherry Bread Pudding since I got home.
Getting home was questionable, 'cuz the tempermental Lil Red Vespa was having a 'moment'. Thanks for scootering with me - it was great.
The Birchwood... if you haven't had a fine summer afternoon lunch on their fine summer sidewalk of tables and boulevard gardens, then you must go. What's the best thing about it? Well, excellent food is high on the list of answers, but, I think it's the atmo - way cool people, way cool place.
Now remember to keep your one foot on the ground until you start moving.