Tuesday, October 09, 2007


So, there's this new cafe in town with real bagels.

And this morning they were featured on MPR.

It's the Common Roots Cafe. I've been meaning to get there, it's just that it's in a crowded part of town that's not really on my way in (or out of town, for that matter.) In addition to creating real bagels, they offer food from local farmers and space for community groups to meet. I just need a community group now and a few extra minutes in the morning to swing by there.

PS: The photo is from the MPR site.

4 comments:

painted fish studio said...

please do a post once you get over there - i've heard a lot about their bagels and i'm too lazy to cross the river over into minneapolis on weekend mornings! give me a reason to get up early!

Jenn said...

Soon - I promise. Then you'll get a full report!

painted fish studio said...

my sis says the bagels are amazing...

jaimehotdish said...

these are by far the best bagels in the midwest!! make sure to order whatever is fresh from the oven - and DO NOT TOAST IT! (jacob insists on toasted bagels, which completely ruins the freshness...)