Saturday, May 19, 2007

Finally, Rhubarb...



As hard as it is to say, I've never worked with Rhubarb before. Okay, there, I said (wrote) it.
I picked up a bunch of organic rhubard at the Seward Coop when I stopped by to pick up lunch and knew I had to do something with it. It's rhubarb season, for gods sake, and I needed to playaround with it. I hear a lot about Rhubarb Crisp or Rhubarb pie, but I wanted to make something more practical. I googled (is that now a verb) and found a whole website on Rhubarb Muffins, chose one and made it!

First of all, Rhubarb is easy to work with. I stared at the stalks of Rhubarb on my cutting board and really had no idea where to start. One phone call to Kim (capital K because she knows way more about food than I could ever hope) and she told me to just cut off the dry ends and chop it up. Hello, super easy. I tossed the chopped up fruit into the muffin mix and threw them in the oven. Twenty-five minutes later, I had a dozen beautiful Rhubarb muffins. Yum. Serve 'em warm with some good butter. Double Yum!

No comments: