Monday, May 28, 2007

T&Bs Burgers and Bananas.

Memorial day weekend just wouldn't be right without a group of friends, a grill and a firepit. Sunday night we headed over to T&B's for B's Famous Burgers and T's grilled bananas. I can just say I was glad we had kayaked for an hour and a half earlier in the day so I could enjoy everything.

B calls them Italian burgers, but all I could get out of him was that they are a mixture of ground beef and pork, and they are loaded with garlic and onions. I really don't need to know more than that. Oh, and they're served with a marinara sauce that is also loaded with garlic.










Their shape is not the usual burger patty shape, but instead more of a rectangle.










They took a fair amount of time to grill.













But they were well worth the wait.










B toasted up some italian rolls, again rubbed with olive oil and some garlic.









And then layered on the marinara. They were sliced and served with more of the sauce. There were a couple of salads (yum), the summer-must-have caprese salad, a thick cheesy-horsradishy dip and of course, cheese and wine.

And then we moved onto dessert.










T sliced open a bunch of bananas and filled them with Ghirardelli chocolate. Ten minutes on the grill, then unwrapped and served with a scoop of Dulce de Leche ice cream. The bananas, chocolate and ice cream were a great combination, even if it made for a very rich dessert.
I wish I had a photo of the finished product, but it was pretty dark by that time of night. You'll just have to trust me on this one.

Thanks T&B for hosting, as always, too much food and loads of fun.

2 comments:

Thistlemoon said...

Grilled bananas - that sounds like something I want to eat this instant!

Devin said...

nice blog! I mean it...puts mine to shame. I see from the Double Rabbit sight that we are Co-CSA'ers. It will be very cool to see if you blog about the shares and what you do with them
cheers
d