Thursday, June 28, 2007

Peas! Glorious Peas!!

We have peas, and boy do we have peas. After two months of careful grooming, and diligent watering, my happy little sugar snap peas are almost ready to harvest!! I hate to pull them off the vines, they're just so pretty there. But eventually I will. And I'll probably have them eaten before I even get to the house.

Here's a family recipe (I think its family, sorry if its copyrighted) from the Mom-In-Law for these glorious peas:

1 1/2 lb fresh sugar snap peas
2 T. vegetable oil
1 t. dark sesame oil
3 T. pine nuts
1 T. minced fresh ginger
2 T dry sherry
2 T teriyaki or soy sauce

String and clean peas. Heat skillet or wok overhigh heat. Add oil. After its hot, add sesame oil. Add pine nuts and coat in oil. Mix in sherry and teriyaki and peas. Cover and lower heat to medium. Cook 2 minutes. Serve immediatly.

No comments: