Friday, June 15, 2007

The Taste #4: Cultural Revolution Conversion


4. A better breakfast. Cultural Revolution isn’t your basic fruit-in-the-bottom yogurt. Organic, non-homogenized milk and butterfat, from a network of Amish family farms in southeastern Iowa, results in a luscious texture, gentle sweetness and modest traces of fruit flavorings. Man, this stuff is good.

I have to admit, I am not a huge yogurt fan. I eat it becuase it's good for me, its quick, and its portable. But more often than not I load up on it and then it sits in the fridge collecting dust and odors. But not this time.


I found a container of Cultural Revolution Peach Organic Yogurt at the Mississippi Market and recognized the name, but was more impressed with the label. It was clean and fun and light-hearted, and just begged to be throw into my cart, even at $1.29 each. The price may have bothered me more, but I don't buy enough regular yogurt to know the difference.

The top of the lid reads,

"Cultural Revolution organic yogurt uses only the freshest, most natural ingredients, and - here's the revolutionary part - it delivers naturally sweet, creamy taste without all the sugar, carbs, calories and sodium contained in most other yogurts. Co, how did we create a yogurt that is so good for you and tastes so good? We simply let nature do what she does best, and she delivered. Our yogurt is made exclusively of organic whole milk and rich, creamy organic butterfat that contains vitamins A and D. Gently processed and never homogenized, Cultural Revolution has a pure flavor and texture that will transofrm your taste buds. Low Sugar. Low Carb!"


There was another blurb on the side about the layer of liquid on top of the yogurt, that can either be enjoyed on its own or mixed in. I tried it both ways and really, truly have never tasted anything like it. The texture was a little chunky, but I mixed it up and the lumps smoother out. The flavor was so unique, but so fresh. It tasted of peaches, but there was just no peach color, so the sensation was surreal. I savored every bite, but the bottom came too soon. I call myself a yogurt lover now, but not just any yogurt. But now you know which kind.

No comments: