Tuesday, June 05, 2007


Things are growing fast... a garden update.

With the temperatures in the 60s and 70s and lots of lots of rain, the garden is green and happily growing. The sugar snap peas, there in the back, are at spots over three feet high.

The lettuce, in the next row, is going nuts and I'm having a heard time keeping up. I've been distributing to friends, so if you're in the mood for some fresh lettuce that needs to be washed thoroughly, let me know. There's red leaf, romaine, grand rapids and bibb.

The rest of the garden, the tomatoes, peppers and herbs, are coming along nicely, and quite tall for the first week of June. I planed early this year, and am really glad I did. There were only two cold nights where I was cutting it close, but it's been a really nice month. With lots, and lots of rain.

No comments: