Sunday, December 09, 2007


First Round of Holiday Cookies

I've started the holiday cookie baking, and so far I am not impressed. All three of these recipes are from the December issue of Cooking Light, and I have to remember that baking can't be light. Anyway, from left to right are the Chai Shortbread, the Crunchy Sesame Cookies and the Chocolate Almond Cherry Crisps. The Chai shortbread needed more spice, but the texture is fabulous and they're very easy. The Seseme cookies also had a fabulous texture, but the flavor was odd. They start tasting like peanut butter, but have a sharp aftertaste. The crisps were good. I made them for a party, and a friend brought the same ones. I don't like fruit with my chocolate, but the dried cherries didn't bother me, and added a bit of tang to a lucious combination of chocolate, almonds and rice krispies. Now I have a box of the cereal I need to use up if anyone knows some fun recipes. So they were all edible, but probably not keepers. I'll be baking more, so stay tuned.

No comments: