Monday, December 03, 2007


A Snow Day

We were supposed to get 6-10 inches of snow this past Saturday, and for once, the forcasters were'nt completely wrong, just a bit ambitious. The snow started as soon as I went outside in the morning, and it continued until late in the evening. It was beautiful, though, large flakes, that swept through the air on their way down. The temp was in the high teens, so it was very bareable.

But it still made me want to hibernate and make something warm for the tummy. So, I made a White Chili. The recipe is from Cooking Light and it was completely different than the Red Meat Chili I made a couple weeks ago. For starters, this one called for chicken breast and white beans. In addition, it has tomatillas in it. I love tomatillas, partly for the name, and partly for the lovely little paper-like skins that surround them.

So, instead of a thick, tomatoey chili, this one was tart and light and refreshing. Perfect before a walk through the freshly fallen snow.

(I'll work on getting a photo of the snow for those of you in warmer climates.)

I also made jalapeno corn muffins, but they were a lot of work, and really, not that good. So I won't share the recipe. You can see the photo, and at least they looked good.

No comments: