Friday, December 14, 2007


There's this Truffle store on Grand Avenue....

That makes just the most insanely beautiful truffles. It's called Just Truffles. We stopped in the other day to load up on holiday treats for some clients, and a little box of 8 of the gorgeous things ended up in my hands. The individual truffles are listed on their website, but I'll walk you through the box I brought home. Starting from the front, right side we have Key Lime, Chai Tea, HOT Chocolate (with Habanaros), Tenors Temptation (created for Luciano Pavarotti), Grand Marnier, Cafe au Lait, Baileys and Chocolate Malted.

I haven't tasted them yet, because I'm saving them for Christmas Eve. It's been a tradition since I met Husband, that we drink champagne and eat nice chocolate late into the night. We've tried Godiva, BT McElrath and others. I think this year might be the best.

When I told Husband that I got truffles for the holidays, he assumed I meant the savory, found in the ground by pigs kind of truffle. Sorry, I can't afford those kind. Regardless, we got to talking about truffles vs truffles. So off to Wikipedia I went. They had a nice description, but no history. I found more through Google, including what I suspected: Chocolate Truffles got their name because they look so much like the savory, found in the ground by pigs kind of truffle. Huh.

I have to say, these truffles from Just Truffles look so much better than the porous, oddly shaped truffles found in the ground. And while the taste may not necessarily be better, it will certainly be different.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, I'll take the hot chocolate, followed by the malted. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Maybe the Chai Tea after that, and then the Tenors temptation.

painted fish studio said...

gorgeous. they look yummy! maybe i'll pick some up for xmas eve, too! and eat them all myself!

Jenn said...

You guys are fabulous. And I hope the truffles are too. There will be a full
report after Christmas!!