Sunday, December 02, 2007

A Happy Happy Hour and a Bit of Sushi

Met J and T for dinner the other night and after much debate of where to go, we chose Calhoun Square so we had multiple options. And I think we made a good choice. We started at Chang Mai Thai and were happy to learn they have an awesome happy hour. We had $3 glasses of wine and $3 appetizers. We shared the Happy Shrimp (fried coconut shrimp served with two sauces), Fried Scallops (with a kick-ass jalapeno dipping sauce), and the Fresh Springrolls (which were made really good with the variety of sauces we now had). We rounded it out with another round of wine and headed upstairs to the sushi restaurant.

I had never been to Sushi Tango, and frankly, I doubt I'll go back. It wasn't bad, but it was a bit beat-up and the layout was a little awkward. I requested we start with the soft shell crab, which was not a disappointment. Then we shared a platter of sushi, including a really tasty, and fresh Crunchy Roll (shrimp tempura among other things), a special roll with Spicy Tuna, Albacore and Avocado, the Avocado and Asparagus roll and of course, Spicy Tuna Roll. T and H also shared the Unagi Roll with eel. I'm still not eating that after the illness episode years earlier. Just ain't jumping on that train quite yet.

The sushi was fine, not the best and not the worst I've had. The company was fabulous, as always.

3 comments:

painted fish studio said...

wait, who's "H"? ;-)

Jenn said...

Oops.. typing too fast. That's T & J. H wasn't there. I don't even know H is. I need nicknames for all yous guys.

painted fish studio said...

thanks for clearing that up - thought you were referring to me as "Ho".

but i will weigh in: for the $, the sushi wasn't fabulous. there are many better places for a night of sushi. the happy hour at chang mai thai is fab, though!