Wednesday, January 09, 2008


I Love Tivo (and Jamie at Home!)

Obviously, I watch a lot of the Food Network. And lately, they've been hyping their new shows. (On a side note, there's been some upheaval there, and that's lead to some interesting reads). But anywho, there's this one show that caught my eye. Not because of the chef,whose been around for awhile, but because of the name and that fact that the chef is cooking out of "his garden" and in "his home." And it actually looks like he's having fun (and getting dirty) while doing it.

The show premiered at an inconvenient time, so we set the Tivo and finally watched it the other night. Husband was with me, and since there is so little on TV right now, sat and watched it. Let's just say that I'm becoming a fan of Jamie Oliver. I've always thought he looked like a sloppy version of Ewan McGregor, yum, but now he's got appeal of his own. Maybe it's because he's older, or more confident, or just really knows how to cook. Something changed in my head and I know have a season pass on Tivo for his show.

So, this first episode was all about peppers and chilies, both of which I adore. And he did make some tasty dishes. I took some photos of the TV and the one above is the only one that really turned out. Unfortunately, the recipe for these stuffed peppers is not on his site. Sure would love it though. The other recipes, the Pepper and Pork Goulash and the Smoked Salmon with Salsa, both looked amazing. I hope to try one or both of them, and soon.

I'll keep you posted on his other episodes, because until this writers strike is over, there will be little else to watch.

No comments: