Sunday, January 27, 2008

Lunch and Art

I met a couple friends for lunch the other day and I enjoyed a very lovely little plate of sushi. There was tuna, hamachi, salmon, white tuna and shrimp sashimi, as well as a california roll. It was good, not the best I've ever had, but a pleasant break in an otherwise busy (and cold) day.

We then walked over to the Minneapolis Library and checked out the current exhibit in the gallery. For those of you from out of town, the downtown library was recently rebuilt, from a pathetic 1960's building that Mike Brady might have designed, to a beautiful, building full of windows and unexpected architecture. If you haven't been there, its really amazing. Regardless, there's a gallery on the second floor and the current show is of Altered Books. I've played around with handmade books in the past and love the idea of book as Art.

Then, the next day, Jen sent me a link to a story about high levels of mercury found in tuna. I hope that a little sushi restaurant in the warehouse district of Minneapolis doesn't purchase the same tuna that the high-end restaurants in New York do. But I might keep an eye on it... mercury bad, tuna good.

No comments: