Friday, January 25, 2008


The Paper Has Never Made Me So Hungry!!

Yesterday, in the Taste section of the Star Tribune,
Rick Nelson reviewed three new Asian restaurants in SE Minneapolis. And if you saw it, you'll understand how my paper got all wet and gooey. I was drooling, really, seriously, dangerously drooling. And almost ran out the door to go try them, but it was after 9pm, I was wearing flannel pants, had just eaten dinner and it was a balmy 2 degrees outside. So, I stayed put. But in the next month, I hope to hit the three places for lunch, as they're all within an easy drive of my office, and coincidently, on the same black as my Chinese Doctor.

The most appealing of the three was the adorably-named Obento-Ya Japanese Bistro. They have bento boxes (fun), sushi (yum) and something I'd never heard of, called Robata.

The second is called Pagoda, and the review says there are 249 items on the menu. It will take more than a few lunches to work my way through that.

The third restaurant, the ChinDian Cafe, is a unique mix of Asian heritage; Vietnamese, Chinese, Malaysan and Indian. Could it really get any better than that?

Not that I really have to ask, but who's up for lunch?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

me!

Anonymous said...

Me too!

~Anna