Sunday, November 25, 2007

By Special Request, The Good Earth.

A good friend, who moved away years ago and just refuses to move back, has a favorite restaurant in town and requested I post about it. Well, this past Saturday, Husband and I were in the neighborhood early in the morning and stopped in for breakfast. It was his first time there, and it didn't disappoint. I rarely get there for breakfast, and was happily surprised when our server offered a "complmentary caramel bun." Well, that's a no brainer. We split it and then I picked up the plate and licked it. Not really, but I could have eaten another dozen of the little guys. But then, the main dish:

I chose a breakfast quesadilla, because really, you can never go wrong with a quesadilla. This one was full of eggs, black beans, tomatoes and other goodies, served with guacamole, sour cream and salsa. It was huge, and I only could down half of it. But no worries, the rest of it was gulped down a few hours later.

The Good Earth is not a vegetarian restaurant. Many people think it is, but really, its more about fresh ingredients, hormone-free meats and tasty grub. Oh, and it is vegetarian friendly, which at times can be hard to find. Its a favorite, had been for a long time. And its not fancy, but its consistent, friendly and yummers.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

AWESOME!!!

BTW.......I might've licked the plate a few times, can't let that all that gooey goodness go to waste! (OK, so maybe I ordered ANOTHER bun to soak up the first one's gooey goodness, but still.....