Monday, November 12, 2007

Yes, I had Cheese for Dinner.

So, the other night was Husband was out with the guys, I had what every foodie really wants to have for dinner. Yep, wine, cheese and bread. Yum. I ran over to Lund's and asked the cheesemonger what she would recommend. The bottom one in the photo was a double cream brie. It was oozy, even right out of the cooler. Spread on warm bread, it melted. And even better straight off the knife. The top cheese in the photo was Beecher's Flagship Handmade Cheese. It had a hard, but flaky texture, and again was almost better alone than with the bread. But a dinner of just cheese is silly, so I threw in some bread.

5 comments:

painted fish studio said...

i'm still jealous of your wine, cheese, and bread night! think i'll have one this weekend!

Anonymous said...

I totally know and love that cheese up top, that brie. It is awesome. Also, at Lunds, they have this Belgian honey goat cheese that is the best stuff I've ever eaten.

painted fish studio said...

me want brie.

i'm so hungry. i hate late afternoon work tummy rumbles...

belgian honey goat cheese also sounds wonderful!

painted fish studio said...

i had cheese, bread and wine for dinner last night! then i had bread and cheese for breakfast. yummmmmm

Jenn said...

ccchhhheeeesseee...
remember that cheese commercial where the little girl leave santa cheese instead of cookies? my kind of holiday!