Tuesday, November 06, 2007

A Request for the Pork Tenderloin Recipe

Mom called last night, I guess, and requested the Pork recipe from the dinner party. I didn't get the message until this morning when I actually picked up my cell phone. Huh. But before I post it, I have to give credit where credit is due. The recipe is from Chef Philip Dorwart, and I had it at Grazefest. And I'll say it again, because I want to support local farms, but the pork was from Otis Family Farm. He's at the St. Paul Farmers Market every Saturday, and I can just picture his happy pigs greeting him when he gets home. Here goes:


Cumin Rubbed Pork Tenderloin
with Sweet Corn Sauce and Goat Cheese

For sweet corn sauce (about 6 servings)


2 ears sweet corn - cooked, kernels cut off the cob

1 cup chicken stock

1/2 cup cream


1 Tbl butter


salt and pepper to tase


2 oz goat cheese for garnish

chives for garnish


In a sauce pot, simmer cooked corn and chicken stock for 10 minutes. Add cream, salt and pepper and then puree. (The recipe says strain, but I prefered a thicker sauce with more corn flavor), return to heat and "mount" with butter and serve.


For Pork


Rub the pork (a tenderloin, we can assume) with olive oil, salt , pepper and ground cumin. Grill on medium grill until pork is cooked to medium, about 10-12 minutes, turning every 2 or 3 minutes. Let rest, slice, sauce and garnish with goat cheese and chives.


Enjoy, pass it on, and be sure you use local, happy pork. You'll thank me when you taste it.

No comments: