Thursday, November 08, 2007

Cozy, warm stew.

We whipped up a tasty seafood stew (Southwest Cilantro Fish Stew from November 2007 CL) last night from the current issue of Cooking Light. A bit of chopping and 20 minutes of waiting, and dinner is served. I would make a couple changes next time, though. More spice to begin with. The recipe calls for one sliced jalapeno, but next time I'll add two. It also called for 1/2 pound shrimp and 1 pound halibut. I would double the shrimp and go with smaller ones. Then the final five minutes of cooking time would probably be shorter as well. And maybe skip the celery. JT from my office would require it as she hates celery. As for Southwest, I didn't catch much of that flavor. It needed more spice, more southwest. Maybe some chipotle or crushed red pepper.

Enjoy!

No comments: