Monday, November 05, 2007

Yes, the Holidays are Coming.

And I can no longer deny it. Halloween is barely over, in fact there are still pumpkin guts in the middle of my street, but the wreaths and decorations were a the mall yesterday. And then today, my weekly email from New York Magazine, really brought it to my attention. At least their article had to do with cooking for the holidays, which truly does get me excited. And its full of fun gadgets. Santa? How about that paper turkey? I'll spend my weekends making cookies and my weekdays planning menus. It all happens too quickly, but then I try to recover, find my way back to the gym and plan a mellow January.

3 comments:

painted fish studio said...

last night on the tube, i saw a commercial from hallmark, for an xmas doo-dad with stupid little snowmen on it (the snowmen dance to crappy music). a happy family surrounded it with a lit xmas tree in the background. on nov 5. i'm not ready for this! but look forward to your holiday cooking posts (i think!). ;-)

Jenn said...

I promise I will keep the holiday cooking posts light until at least a few days before Thanksgiving. But I will add a link to my favorite turkey recipe, because it should be shared. So, stay tuned!!

And a question... when is it alright to start baking holiday cookies?

painted fish studio said...

ya know, i don't mind holiday food, in fact, i find it comforting. me and mine just don't seem to get into the xmas thing anymore, so i'll live vicariously through you and yours.

i walked by the hallmark store at city center this afternoon and they have xmas trees up...

ps: you can make me cookies anytime, just don't give me frosted trees or snowmen before turkey day!